Today I’m talking with Heather Avis, author of The Lucky Few: Finding God’s Best in the Most Unlikely Places. We rank kids’ movies from tolerable to “please, God, I can’t take it anymore,” then we talk about parenting kids with Down Syndrome. We chat about how Heather’s kids are a light in their community and she says something that really resonates with me, “I’ve understood the heart of God more fully in the places that have been hard for me.” Of course, we also hear how Heather thinks we need to lighten up.
Quotes from the show:
“You can’t understand joy fully until you’ve understood sorrow fully.”
“What am I missing by not taking risks?”
Links from the show:
Check out Heather’s book, The Lucky Few
Iceland eliminating Down Syndrome through abortion
Find Heather on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
How to Leave a Review:
If you enjoyed this conversation, would you jump over to iTunes and leave a quick review? This will help other people find the show. Now, I have to admit that I’m so technically challenged that I struggled to even figure out how to leave a review. You are smarter than I am, but just in case you, too, aren’t sure how to do that, here’s a quick tutorial on Leaving a Review on iTunes:
- Go to the Lighten Up iTunes preview page.
- Click “view in iTunes,” which will launch iTunes.
- Click the “ratings and reviews” tab. (You can also click the “subscribe” button while you’re there, heh heh.)
- Select a star rating, then write a quick review.
- It might take awhile for it to show up in iTunes, but please give yourself a hug from me.
Thanks in advance!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.