Today I’m talking with Catherine McNiel, author of Long Days of Small Things: Motherhood as a Spiritual Discipline. We talk about the greatest popcorn in the world, how we find time for spiritual disciplines, finding God in our chaos — in changing diapers, in washing dishes, in driving to work — and also how we need to lighten up about other people’s advice about our parenting. We also dig into the importance of bringing women’s voices into the forefront, and Star Wars bad lip reading, so listen in and lighten up!
Links from the show:
Home by Marilynne Robinson
Healing Spiritual Wounds by Carol Howard Merritt
Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner
How to Leave a Review:
If you enjoyed this conversation, would you jump over to iTunes and leave a quick review? This will help other people find the show. Now, I have to admit that I’m so technically challenged that I struggled to even figure out how to leave a review. You are smarter than I am, but just in case you, too, aren’t sure how to do that, here’s a quick tutorial on Leaving a Review on iTunes:
- Go to the Lighten Up iTunes preview page.
- Click “view in iTunes,” which will launch iTunes.
- Click the “ratings and reviews” tab. (You can also click the “subscribe” button while you’re there, heh heh.)
- Select a star rating, then write a quick review.
- It might take awhile for it to show up in iTunes, but please give yourself a hug from me.
Thanks in advance!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.